Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

G Training

Over at 365 days I really developed a style of expressing how I felt with song lyrics and then using those song lyrics to come up with an idea for a picture:

Fighting for your relationship? I give you Soldier

Marveling over the love for your child? I give you Little Wonders

Felling a bit randy, baby? It’s Still the Night

Missing someone? Ask them to Return to Me.



And so on and so on. I have a ton of them.

I’ve grown so used to relying on songs as a means of expression that I’m finding it a bit difficult to blog. (Harnessing my inner Mary Catherine Gallagher) I guess that if I had to pick a song to sum up how I feel today it would be Sailor by Tracy Chapman.

Ummmmm. Yeah.

See? That type of expression doesn’t work so well in blog format.

So please bear with me as I try to get back into blogging and resort to talking about what I know best: boobs and poop. Actually, I’ll spare you the boob talk and just get straight to poop.

The Gavinator will be 4 in September and is still not pooping in the potty. I haven’t really forced the issue because in all honestly, I know my kid and dude is completely freaked when it comes to pooping in the potty and is not playing around at all. I’m worried if I force the issue he will begin to hold in his poop, stretch out his colon, and he’ll wind up with life long chronic constipation and ummmmm, having him fully potty trained really ain’t worth a lifetime of poop chute issues.

On the other hand, if I don’t put a diaper on him when he needs to poop he could just decide to start pooping wherever he wants to and ummmmmm, having him fully potty trained is not really worth a lifetime of living in a house that smells like poop.

I’m at a loss. I really don’t know how to handle this issue and I use the term “issue” loosely as it really isn’t something I’m worried about. I’m pretty sure I’m doing the right thing by not forcing the issue but then again, I would love to have him out of diapers- especially poopy diapers.

Grace accidentally pooped in the potty on Mother’s Day (thank you, Goose) and by accidentally I mean we were doing our usual stick her on the potty before bath routine and she pooped. It wasn’t like she came up and told us she needed to do it. We made a HUGE deal out of it and we decided to start trying to potty train Goose but as you can see from the e-mail the hubs sent me yesterday at work, day one of Goose training can best be summed up by “holy crap if we keep this up my entire house is going to smell like Goose urine forever” (witty, I know):

Just an fyi.......i've had Grace in panties for about 2 hours and it has been a failure...yes I know it's going to take time. So far she has sat on the potty about a dozen times with no results. She has gone pee pee in her panties twice now so im going to put a diaper on and try again later....she's almost out of panties. I'll get more at walmart this week. Oh and nothing from Gavin yet but he has yet to need to poop.......

Side note: Reading that e-mail from the hubs really made me miss the days when he used e-mails as foreplay

Eek! I just inadvertently admitted that we shop at Walmart! Don’t tell the debate board!!!!

Anyhoo, when I got home from work yesterday the Gavinator begged for a diaper so he could poop. I decided to ride the wave of Goose just pooping on the potty and see if we could use that as an incentive to get Gavinator to give it a try and I said no and stuck him on the potty. Since I have developed some educational tools at work regarding potty training (not be hater because I have such a cool job and get to talk about poop so much… nobody likes a hater) so I know some things that can be done to ease the pooping experience. I made sure he was comfortable and I got a little stool to support his feet and I got a couple of books for us to read. I remembered that one of the education tools suggested having the child blow out through their mouth to encourage pooping so I started blowing and encouraged Gavin to start blowing like he was trying to blow out a candle. He asked me why and I told him it would help him poop.

I mean, right?

Next thing I know he has his head down between his legs blowing into the potty and when I asked him what he was doing he told me “I’m blowing out my poop!!!”

I mean, right?

People, you couldn’t make this stuff up. Me and Goose sitting on the bathroom floor, books everywhere, and Gavin up on the potty, feet supported by a stool, with his head between his legs trying to blow out his poop.

Good times.

On the bright side, as soon as Gavin was done trying to blow out his poop, I sat Goose on the potty and she pooped. Of course, Goose has never had a problem with pooping.

I really hope you already ate before you read this post.

Labels: , , ,


5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Hope this makes you feel better:
Amber will be 5 yrs old in June and she is not night trained. That is right she is in Pull-Ups everynight. Basically, I was sick of washing sheets in the wee hours of the morning. Yes, I have 2 waterproof pads, but my lovely dd has the ability to pee on the pad and the rest of the bed.

My whole theory on potty training is let it go and they will do it in their own time. I would tell your hubby to go with pull-ups or diapers with Goose just to save from buying panties and aggravation. He can still put her on the potty, he just wont have to wash panties and anything else she pees on. I potty trained Amber while she wore Pull-Ups. It saved my sanity and she learned how to work the underwear.

Good Luck and I am running to the debate board and spill your little secret. teehee.

11:17 AM  
Blogger jules said...

My stepdaughter was six and we took her to Sea World. She was having so much fun that she didn't tell us she needed to go pee, and ended up peeing in her pants. Not the best way to spend the day at Sea World. So we through her in a water ride to rinse her off.

I am not sure why she thought that not peeing was a good idea. She was really embarassed about it.

Good luck getting the Gavinator to poo in the toilet. That story is hilarious.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

I have no idea if this would work, but reading that gave me an idea. Have you tried putting a diaper on Gavin and then sitting him on the potty in the diaper to poop? I'm just wondering if that might help transition a little bit. If you try it and it does work, please let me know cause we're just about to round that bend. Zach has peed 3 times in the potty now and we're just about to take the plunge into full on training.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Davis was three in January. Just this week he has peed on the potty twice. Don't feel bad. I do not even want to think about getting him to poop on the damn thing.

We shop at Wal-Mart too. And Sam's Club.

8:50 AM  
Blogger dan said...

This video from You Tube might help
Japanese Toilet Training for Kids (English Subtitled)

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home