Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

All I want for Christmas is...

this

Yes, my car has a tape deck. It also has faux wood paneling across the dashboard and 16 million pounds of garbage and food on the floorboards. I’m not a “car person”.

this

Pimp my George. I know, I know, I’m sixteen million light years behind the iLIFE curve but what do you expect from a Myspace stalker?

this

Oooh, it’s on sale!!

this

Yummmm!! We can’t afford shiny or sparkly so I’ll take pretty, pretty smell goods.

this

I need a Flickr pro account. I’ve reached my max of 200 pictures! Any more and Flickr starts eating my pictures!!

this** and this**

Promotion of breastfeeding AND support for the Mother’s Milk Bank of Ohio** wrapped up in two super cute t-shirts.


**Any money earned from the sale of ANY product on the Lactivist site between December 1st to December 31st will be going straight to the Mother's Milk Bank of Ohio.

One of the great things about the HMBANA milk banks is the fact that they are non-profit. They charge ONLY enough money to cover the processing and storage costs for the milk. While insurance often covers the cost of the milk, some insurance companies refuse to pay. In other situations, the parents of the baby simply don't have insurance. Since HMBANA milk banks are committed to providing that milk for any baby that medically needs it, that means that they sometimes send out milk that they will never be reimbursed for. In fact, the average milk bank never receives payment for 15-20% of the milk that they ship. Here in Columbus, that percentage if even higher. Add in the fact that the milk bank is barely two years old (and thus hasn't yet recouped enough costs to pay for all their equipment) and you've got a milk bank that's really struggling to the point that every single dollar of donations REALLY counts.

Don't feel like shopping, but want to make a donation? You can send a donation via PayPal by either transferring funds or by placing it on your credit card. Even beyond shopping and donating, you can still help out! If you have a blog, consider running a post talking about this fundraiser and pointing your readers to the store.

Labels:


4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Totally getting that shirt for El. I'm Not a Weaner. LMAO!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

That tape ipod converter thing sells at Wal-Mart for $9.99. Just thought you might like to know. Also, I have it and LOVE it! Yes, my car has a tape deck too and I'm so glad it does.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

I do not have anyone hanging from my ta-ta's anymore Amanda. And now you want to rub salt in the fact that I have no more babies by asking me to post about nursing?

I'll think about it. (;

Look for some sort of off the wall, holy crap I turned thiry post that mentions breastfeeding and milk banks. Should make for an amusing post....

3:26 PM  
Blogger Amanda. said...

The "I'm no weaner shirt" definitely rules!

Thanks for the tip, Dee.

Happy almost birthday, Abby :)

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home